Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fun Lately

Joel and I have been away from home for the last 3 weeks. It's rare that we are away from home on the weekends, but it just so happened that three of them landed in a row.

The first weekend, we decided to have a staycation to celebrate our anniversary. June 12 marked two years of marriage!! I'm not going to say they have been perfect, but I will say that I wouldn't trade them for anything. We have learned so much about each other and what marriage means. We often have to remind ourselves that we are to serve one another without expectations. Marriage is really a picture of God's love for us and his love is not circumstantial. Anyway--back to the topic at hand, we stayed at a hotel in Austin and went to local Austin places to eat and have fun. We got massages, had crepes for breakfast and had dinner at Vivo's where I received a rose when leaving. We also saw a movie...it's been awhile so I'm having trouble remembering what I was but I think it was Kung Pao Panda 2. We spend a lot of time just relaxing too!

The next weekend we went camping in Spicewood with a friend from Joel's work and his fiance, Leslie. We ended up not being able to get a camping spot because they were full, so we ended up camping at Leslie's dad's house which ended up saving us money anyway. We spent Saturday at Krausse Springs where I ended up slipping on a rock and fell. I hurt my hand pretty bad, it was all bruised and my wrist was hurting, but it's all better now.

Finally this past weekend we went with some of our Sunday school class to Travis' grandparents lake house. It was perfect!!! We were kind of in the middle of nowhere so we had no time frames or places to be. The weekend was filled with eating, reading, swimming, and relaxing. I realize I do not have pictures on this post, I'm kinda bad at remembering to take pictures when I'm having fun. But if you want to see pictures from our weekend at the lake house you can visit Jenni's blog at jifferdoodle.blogspot.com . You can even check out my awesome photography skills there.

No comments: