Friday, July 15, 2011

DIY Project

Ok so if you have been watching my facebook the last two days, you probably noticed that I was working on a little project for the house. I finished today and now it is time for the big reveal! Before I show you the end result, i want to show you how I got there.

This was my inspiration:


I found some frames around my house and my parents house that were not being used:


Then I had to figure how I wanted them to be layed out:


Next was the hard part--deciding on the colors:



Painting and pulling staples out of the frames:


My dad helped out a lot (I would have had no idea where to start or go without his help):




After about 30 minutes of nailing the frames into the wall, we got the finished product.

Drum roll please....



TA DA!!!

I think it turned out so good! The best part was it cost me nothing. All the frames were from around the house. All the paint was either left over from painting our house or found laying around in my dad's garage. And finally my dad already had a drill and nails to put all of it up! Now that's how I like to decorate!

Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Fantastic! You are ultra-talented!

Lauren said...

That looks AWESOME! I picked out some DIY projects for this weekend too, but that's amazing.

OkieMarie said...

Very Cool!! Great focal piece and discussion piece.