Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm Back

I know you have all been desperately waiting to hear my review on those 5 dishes I made so long ago. At work, blogger has been blocked and at home Joel is using the computer so those are my excuses for not writing sooner. I'm sure I could have found away around them but oh well and here I am now.

First on the list was Bangers and Mash---DELICIOUS!!!! I loved it and so did Joel. The only thing that I didn't like was that my pan got too hot and burnt the sausage as well as smoked up the house.

Up next was the Baked Fish and Chips. This was another home run, very easy. Instead of cornflakes for the crust, I used crushed cheerios. I like how healthy this option was over regular fried fish.

Then we hit a dud--Coconut Curry Beef. Joel said it was ok, but I did not like it at all. Maybe it was the curry or maybe it was the blandness but I would not recommend this dish. Blah!

Mini Meatball Sandwiches were good, but the meatballs kept sliding out of the bun. We ended up eating it like an open-faced sandwich. I will say it was a good meal to make when in a hurry.

Finally, the Grilled Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper was a success as well. It was a lot more prep than I expected, but was much easier the next day when I went for the leftovers since everything was already made. Very tasty, but be ready for a big mess in the kitchen with all the prep work.


Ok now that my food stuff is done, I'm ready to talk about more exciting things!! GUATEMALA!! I leave at 5:00 am tomorrow and I'm stoked!! We will be working in a village called Pueblo Modelo, which our church kind of adopted. We will be working at the baby rescue center, the orphanage, and the senior home as well as building a home for a family. I can not tell you how excited I am and how I look forward to seeing what God is doing in this sweet little town. I know many people who have gone on this trip in the past--they go expecting to bless the people of Pueblo Modelo but come back feeling as though they were the ones who received the blessing. I won't be blogging while I am there (I'm not taking any technology, except my camera) but I will tell you all about it while I am there. Please be praying for our group's safety, the people of Pueblo Modelo, and that we would all see God's hand at work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to have you back in blog land and praying for your time on your mission trip! Love you girl!

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

love and miss you! proud of you for acting on God's calling for you!

meagan