Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This Week's Menu

Do you ever wonder what other people are cooking for dinner?

I do, so I ask or I just wait until they post it on their blog and then no has to even know that I have this weird obsession. So in case you are like me, I will share what is on our menu this week. I stole these recipes from either All You magazine (best magazine ever because it comes with tons of coupons) or Lana Rush's blog. ;)

First on the menu is Bangers and Mash. This one has a weird name but I already have most of the ingredients at home so that's why I am going to attempt it. Here is a run down of what it is...sausage sauteed with onions placed on top of mustardy mashed potatoes. I'm guessing it's a German meal, but correct me if I am wrong. I would put a picture up except all the pictures I found did not look very appetizing. Cost for this meal is $1.50 per serving

Next up is Baked Fish and Chips. This is a healthy way of doing fish and chips. The fish is coated with crushed cornflakes. The fries and fish are baked rather than fried to bump it to the healthy side of the spectrum. The cost comes out to $2.76 per serving...thank you ALL YOU.

Coconut Curry Beef is on the menu you as well. This crock pot meal which usually turn out being some of my favorites. Brown the beef chuck roast in a skillet then place it in the slow cooker, pour a mixture of coconut milk, brown sugar, curry powder and cayenne on top. Cook for 4-5 hours, stir in some cherry tomatoes and serve on a bed of rice. Sounds delish. Cost: $3.07

These next two come from Lana Rush's blog and she got them from a blog called The Pioneer Woman.

Mini Meatball Sandwiches. Just saying the name makes my mouth water. This seems to be one of the easiest ones I have found. Make some meatballs using ground turkey, bread crumbs, seasoning and milk. Brown them in a pan. Add marinara sauce. Place on a halfed dinner roll along with a slice of provolone and top with other half of the roll. MMMMmmmmm.....

Finally is the Grilled Chicke and Roasted Red Pepper Panini. I think the hardest part about this recipe is writing out the title. In a blender puree sundried tomatoes, pesto, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Use half of this as a marinade for your chicken. Combine mayo and 3 Tbl of the remaining mixture to use as a spread. Roast the bell peppers and cut them up. Lay on the bread along with the grilled chicken, the spread, and a slice of provolone.

Let me warn you, I have never made any of these recipes before so I can not guarentee their delishness, but I will come back and update to tell you how it went. If you end up trying them before I do, leave a comment and let me know how it was. Also, if you want a more detailed version of these recipes just e-mail me at got2servehim@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Richard and Carisa said...

bangers and mash is an english dish, Im 99% sure. And Pioneer Woman has an awesome blog as well as her followers blog. You can find it from her site. Another great recipe site is www.skinnytaste.com, probably my fav!

AlongCameTheBird said...

Mini Meatball Sandwiches are mm...mm.....good. You'll love them and so will Joel. In a pinch, you can even buy those ready made Italian meatballs at HEB. Supper done in 10 minutes!