Saturday, August 3, 2013

22 Weeks and Counting


I'm now past the halfway mark. It's amazing how fast and slow this pregnancy is going. Thinking back to when I found out we were pregnant seems like just yesterday, but thinking out towards November when we get to hold our little bundle of joy seems like forever away.

Since I last updated a lot has happened. I will try to recap.

Summer began!! And is sadly now almost over. :(

Week 16ish - We found a new home for Zoey, which drastically helped with my asthma. I have since stopped taking all medications for it. Hooray. It was a sad day for us to see her go, but we were happy to give her a new home where she would continue to be loved.

Week 17- I felt the first kick, although I doubted whether it was real or not. Now I know without a doubt that that's what I felt because I'm pretty familiar with those kicks these days. Baby Cowen is full of energy; always on the move. Joel still has yet to feel it, but my mom has. I think Joel just gets bored and moves his hand too soon. I know he'll get to feel it sometime in the near future though.

At week 18, Joel and I went to our anatomical screening and got to see our baby on the big TV projector at the doctor's office. Our baby no longer had a tail, but actually looked like a REAL human. All parts were growing steadily and healthy, including the little part telling us that we are having a BOY!! Liam Wallace Cowen is still scheduled to arrive Nov 29th, 2013. Joel and I were both sure we were having a girl so hearing it was a boy was a little shocking. But now I can't imagine it any other way. I can't wait until the day I get to hold my little baby boy in my arms.

Around week 19 my back started to bother me. Only the right lower side, but it was painful enough to keep me up at night and cause me to have a very large meltdown in front of Joel(although that could have been the hormones). After the huge meltdown, Joel allowed me to make an appointment with the chiropractor. I went several times over two weeks. During that time Judy (my mother-in-law) gave me some orthopedic sandals and I began sleeping with a pillow or two between my legs. I'm not sure what actually caused it (maybe Liam just found a new position), but I feel 99% better. I still have some pains now and again, but nothing like it was.



Last weekend (week 22), Joel and I got in a minor wreck. A car slammed in the back of ours as we were waiting to pull into a gas station. After getting out of the car my neck was a little sore, but nothing that I was concerned about. A police officer showed up and began filling out paperwork to report the incident. While we were waiting I begin to freak out about our sweet Liam. Although I may have felt fine, there was no way to no for sure if our baby was ok on our own. The officer asked if I wanted to be checked out and with tears in my eyes I said yes. He called the EMS who ended up not really being of much help since they had no way of checking Liam's heartbeat. After calling the doctor to get her recommendation, we were on our way to the hospital. We ended up going to the one where we are planning to deliver. They sent us up to L & D where baby's heart rate was monitored for 30 minutes (music to my ears). They discharged us very quickly which was nice, no need to keep us there longer if everything is ok. It was kind of fun getting to see where we will be in 4 months. I saw my old high school friend, DeeDee, who works on that floor. And then we got a tour of the L & D since they were having a pretty slow night. We can now check that off our list of to-dos.

 
Week 23 - Tonight we put the crib together. Maggie tested it out for Liam. She approves. ;)
 
So that's what has happened lately. Coming up:
August 7th: Begin Bradley classes
August 9th: Teacher in-service begins/Back to school party
August 19th: School starts
Sept 7th: BBC Baby Shower

No comments: