Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year, New House

School is back in session. I was a little concerned before coming back because I had been told to get ready to reteach the kids everything (as in routines, rules, etc.). I started the first day by reviewing the rules and what we do daily. Since then I have not had to reteach it!! I was so impressed with my kiddos. It's so much fun watching these kids grow. I think back to August and am so amazed to see how much they have learned and how quickly they are growing. I can only imagine how quickly time is going to pass when I have my own kids. Don't worry we still have a little while before that is going to happen (unless God has a different plan).

In other news, we are buying a duplex!! We are going through the fun part (insert sarcasm) right now...getting all our important documents together. Our closing date is February 3. For those of you who do not know, Joel and I will be living in one side of the duplex while renting out the other side. Here's the good news, the other side already has a tennant in it and their lease is for 2 years! I sure hope they are good ones. I've heard some horrow stories about renters. Is anyone good at decorating? I will need help. We are actually going to go out and buy furniture when we move in (rather than getting hand-me-downs). Don't get me wrong I love hand-me-downs, but it's going to be great picking out our own stuff.

I guess that's it for now! I betting the next time I actually get on here to blog, we will probably have already moved into the duplex!

No comments: